Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi bokkeumbap 김치볶음밥
Ready under 20min DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients for 2 people :
- 2 servings of rice
- 1 onion
- A few mushrooms
- Any veg (carrot, pepper, green beans)
- 150g of the meat of your choice – optional
- 250g aged kimchi
- 1 Tablespoon of Gochuchang (Korean chili paste)
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- 2-3 spring onions
- Kim (roasted seaweed) – optional
Cooking instructions :
1. Day old rice works best for this recipe. If you don’t have any, cook some in a rice cooker with a little less water than usual. We recommend short grain rice like sushi rice if possible.
2. Add diced ham or pork belly in a wok or large pan with a little bit of vegetable oil, then stir fry them quickly on high heat.
3. Finely dice your selected veg and then add them to the pan and cook for three minutes.
4. Chop the kimchi and add it with 3 or 4 tablespoons of the kimchi juice to the pan. Stir fry for 2 minutes
5. Spoon in 1 tablespoon of gochuchang and mix well.
6. Time to incorporate the cooked rice into the pan. Stir it with the other ingredients and cook for 5 minutes. Add some leftover kimchi juice if you have.
7. Meanwhile, in another pan, prep your fried eggs.
8. When the kimchi bokkeumbap is ready, drizzle in a tablespoon of sesame oil.
9. Dress on a plate with the egg on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds, finely chopped spring onions and roasted seaweed.