Ready under 20min DIFFICULTY Easy
- 120g of Korean pancake flour mix
- 150ml water
- 1/4 flat cabbage
- 120g kimchi
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Okonomiyaki / Tonkatsu brown sauce
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Kim (Korean toasted seaweeds)
Cooking instructions :
- Chop the kimchi into bite size pieces and shred the flat cabbage quite thinly.
- In a bowl, mix the buchim garu (flour mix) with water, egg and a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and add them to the batter with the cabbage and the kimchi.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat with a good amount of vegetable oil. Add the mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip over and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Flip over one last time, cover, bring the heat down to medium and cook for another 5-8 minutes, checking regularly to see if the okomiyaki is cooked through.
- Serve on a large plate and drizzle on top some mayo and Tonkatsu sauce. Finish with shredded roasted seaweed and sesame seeds.