Kimchi Brunch Toast
김치 브런치 토스트
Ready under 15min DIFFICULTY Easy
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 120g kimchi
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon doenjang (Korean fermented soy paste) or 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 3 perilla leaves
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Salted butter (use cultured butter if possible)
Cooking instructions :
- Toast two nice slices of sourdough bread and butter them.
- Stir fry the kimchi in a little vegetable oil, on high heat, until soft and extra tasty.
- Beat your eggs together with the doenjang ( it’s powerful stuff so go easy on it).
- Add one perilla leaf, chopped very thinly to the mix.
- Cook the eggs with a good dollop of butter, on medium heat. Don’t overcook them.
- Layer a perilla leaf on your toast, add the eggs and a generous amount of kimchi.
- Drizzle with a little sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds.